Wednesday 8 June 2011

Valdivieso Reserva Merlot 2008, Rapel Valley

Tasted 7/6/11, 13.5%, about £9 UK retail. This Merlot may be a long way from a 10 year old St. Emilion in style, but it is a fine example of great Chilean wine making. It's deep red with beautiful red berry fruits, cherries and a hint of allspice on the nose. The restrained oak gives a nice layer of vanilla. This is fruit-forward for sure but its elegant and refined and well balanced with smooth tannins. Lovely - what value! From 2011, 16.5/20
http://garyswinetasting.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @garywinetasting
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

2 comments:

  1. I do not even fancy Merlot, but I tried this Merlot and was in love. I have since gone through many bottles. Amazing! Glad to know that I am not the only one who was surprised by the value and flavor of this wine. I am going to be getting me case of it very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback, Angelene - I think it is great too

    ReplyDelete